Friday, 02 December 2011 08:38
ps: As I write this, only the MSDN link is up to date, the download still points to 5.0.7.
Here's a short highlight of the new features :
- Updated binaries for the Portal developer toolkit and developer extensions. New features include support for authenticating portal users through the Windows Azure Access Control Service.
- Added topics for Microsoft Office 365 integration, access, check it out here
- Refreshed the User Interface Style Guide to include UI specification for the Activity Feeds feature and the Windows Phone application
- Added an important security alert and new information about Office 365 authentication. Active Directory and Claims-Based Authentication
- Added a new topic to provide guidance about tactics to provide support for multiple languages for all types of solution component. Create Solutions that Support Multiple Languages
- Included the Site Map Editors section to include links to applications available to streamline editing the SiteMap
- Added the Display a View in the Application Navigation using Site Map section to provide information about how to configure the SiteMap to show a specific view for an entity.
- As usual quite a bunch of new code samples
- See the complete list in the Release History on the first page.
The next SDK update is scheduled for January (thanks Mitch Milam and Ben Hosking for the info)