On July 27th, Microsoft released the Critical Update for UR11.
What this update contains is all COD updates part of UR12, UR13, UR14 and some fixes from the CRM2013 branch and is intended to be installed when you don't want to install UR12 for compatibility reasons (UR12 being more a minor release than an update)
There're some differences in upgrade paths between server and clients:
If you did not install UR11 beforehand,
you just need to install the Critical Update as it contains all changes part of UR11. you need to install UR11 beforehand (which itself needs the UR6 codebase) and then apply the CUR11
You can afterward upgrade to the newer rollups (12+), note that you only need to apply the last rollup, not all intermediates.
The client needs to be at UR11 level before the Critical Update is applied; so you need to downgrade existing clients that are past UR11; or upgrade existing clients that are pre UR11.
Afterward, the following update to apply would be UR15+, not UR12, UR13 or UR14.
The main features are :
- Cross browser compatibility
- Platform enhancements (ExecuteMultipleRequest, Metadata API Refresh,SQL Queries improvement..)
- Quite a few hotfixes (see KB article for the full list)
Here's the KB article link : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2795627
The rollup 10 has just been released, bypassing the rollup 9 (aka the old Q2 Service Update which will be released with the Q4 2012 Service Update)
Here's some key features :
• More Windows 8 / Internet Explorer 10 compatibility
• Many performance and stability-related fixes, including fixes to the CRM Client for Microsoft Outlook
• Contains all fixes originally scheduled for release via Update Rollup 9
• Quick Find performance optimizations and EnableRetrieveMultipleOptimization SQL query performance optimizations:
The MSCRM 2011 Update Rollup 8 has been released (warning, this is not the Q2 service update, scheduled for a bit later)
The KB Article can be found here : http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=2600644
and the direct download link here : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29692.